(The key to flexibility is indecision)

Monday, March 26, 2012

applause please!

Well, hasn’t today been dramatic…

It all started as a dumb cow having her calf in a snow drift… So after we finished tagging we went out to go bring this calf in. There’s lot’s of frozen cow turds in the field and I’d driven over frozen cow turds before and nothing like this had happened…

Dad was on the new quad, I was driving the new/old quad, and we were going out to get the calf. Dad was way ahead of me, and I was like whatever, just driving along when BAM!!! The trailer flies a foot in the air, hit’s the ground, does a barrel roll, and stops… I was really shocked… So I backed up the quad, went to go hook the trailer back up but low and behold, I had broken the ball hitch off the quad! Great, just great… Dad was driving off, I didn’t have a phone, and I had broken the quad…. So what did I do? I got on the quad, drove it back to the farm, parked it in front of the bunk house, and went and got the old quad. Then I drove all the way back out to the trailer, hooked up, and started driving towards Dad. While I was busy fixing my mess, Dad had been tagging a calf, so he had no clue what had happened other then I had switched quads, so much to my dismay, I told him I'd thrown the trailer, AND broken the ball hitch on the quad. He didn’t say anything (Much to my surprise) and just told me the info on the calf he tagged and went on. I was amazed to say the least that he didn’t freak out at me. So I was almost to the gate going into the east quarter, and the trailer fell off the ball hitch! I can not believe my luck! First I break the other quad and the trailer, now the stupid trailer won’t even stay hitched! I backed the quad up and hooked up again, and started on my way, AGAIN… So I had made it through the gate, it was all good, other then the trailer looked like it would blow apart if I hit a bump to hard…. Driving along, when the freakin trailer falls off AGAIN!!! At this point, I was really pissed, but there’s not much I can do about that. Backed the quad up AGAIN, hooked up the trailer AGAIN, and finally made it over to the calf I had come for… And after that it went quite well…

3 comments:

Pamela (a.k.a. The InfoJunkie) said...

Sounds like you are having a "Monday"! Good news is... only a few more till it is Tuesday! LOL!

Pamela (a.k.a. The InfoJunkie) said...

that should say only a few more **hours** till it is Tuesday.

Nicole said...

Sounds like fun....NOT